Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Garden talk.

So I was sitting outside with some new acquaintances in this beautiful garden west of Edinburgh. The sky all blue, the wind blowing everything away, and I was in deep thought when my attention was suddenly caught by someone speaking with a very distinct, Scottish accent.

Lady 1: I was at my GP today. You know what I read on her notice board? An article about angry people being more prone to having cancer.

Lady 2: (wide-eyed)  Really?

Guy 1: That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

Lady 1: It absolutely makes a lot sense.

Guy 1: Nonsense!

Lady 2:  (somewhat confused now.)

Lady 1: Well, it says in that article that when people are angry, their bodies tend to produce more toxins.

Guy 1:  That's rubbish. Mother Theresa died of cancer. I don't think she's one hell of an angry person, was she?


Everybody fell in thoughtful silence. While I was trying to recall what caused Mother Theresa's death, I couldn't help but smile. This is Scotland, the land of the brave.


No comments: